Monday, July 27, 2015

first stateside kit

After assembling the s14a in its entirety, I went for a ride. I quickly realized it was not boosting.


At this point I remembered the cracked ceramic of the HKS spark plugs that were still in the head. I quickly reviewed my old photos to get the model number and match the heat range with a local brand. Surprisingly for anyone who has asked the clerk to repeat the price of an Iridium plug, the Iridium's are actually cheaper than an HKS plug here in the States.









Anyone have any ideas what these plugs are? I believe one is a ground, but both were currently disconnected, located on the passenger side near the abs unit.






Removed the plugs, making sure not to lose any ceramic to the engine. The old plugs were in very bad shape.







HKS M40's are equivalent to NGK 8's. I don't know if I would have originally gone this cold, but it is what the car was running with the current tune and for the limited pulls in the UK she was very smooth. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.





Old v New, no comparison.

The car ran like a raped ape right out of the box. Problem solved.


This was fortunate as I took a trip to my old car meet spot in my home town the following weekend, about 400 miles away.







No comments:

Post a Comment