Monday, August 24, 2015

welder

After an awkward conversation with my mate at work regarding my temporary use of my old mig welder I sold him, I decided to buy my own. I wanted one that tig welded this time, and after some searching found an incredible deal on craigslist from a guy who had just split with his wife and wanted cash. I wasn't intending to spend this much, but when he showed me everything for sale, I warned him about my now-soon-to-be-low-ball offer as that was all the cash I had to spend. 

He took it.

For $1400, if I recall correctly, I bought a hardly used Thermal Arc 211i with a few accessories. It came with two industrial sized bottles, both filled, one co2 mix and one argon; a tool box full of cups of all sizes and torch kits, some in brand new packaging; line plumbing and crimping tools, connectors galore; about 5 full tig torches; at least 3 regulators, one a dual feed; a set of slag hammers; enough air line to sink a ship; the mig gun, ground, 110 and 240 adapters, a 110 extension cord; an extremely large spool of unused mig wire, 10 lb (?); a fire blanket; a home made but very stout cart with casters for the bottle/welder/accessories; two masks, one solar auto adjusting; a Milwaukee chop saw with about (10) new 14" cut off blades; an empty oxyacetylene torch with bottles, tips, and cart; two packages of unused flux core sticks; two packages of mild steel tig wire; an entire tray of various diameters and grades of stainless tig wire...

At least he could have included some tungsten, I mean come on...   ...   ...   ?!?!?!?

I completely filled the back of the 620 with this unexpected craigslist find.




Time for some drinks, a bike ride, a bbq and a sleepy cat...






Back to the basement, I unpacked some of the gear to attempt to quantify the welding store I had just purchased for pennies on the dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment