Monday, August 31, 2015

s13 assembly 1o1

After a few days away from the s13, noticing a trend here?, I came back and took a few more shots of the completed interior repairs. 







Not bad.

I then began assembling the dash. I quickly realized I was missing a part. Maybe one day I'll find it in my garage or basement and have a good laugh.




I was missing one of the dash vent tubes around the cluster that connect the inner ac ducting to the vent itself.

I looked over an entire table of parts from inside the basement, looked all over the garage, even to the point of cleaning in and around the work bench.



It was no where to be found.






I grabbed the part number of the vent connector I did have, thankfully, incase I would need it later.




I then installed the main dash, which took much longer than it would seem based on this apparent photo progression. But the dash is in. I actually put it in twice as there was a plug I could not locate later, and it was tucked behind a vent tube, inaccessible to any human.


I ended up going to NSP, yet again, to get a second vent connector. It turns out they are the same on the US spec models.


I then installed the center cluster surrounds, connecting all the gages and button controls.




After this, I laid out the carpet to assess damages. You can see the rare original RHD center console in the photos as well. It was completely destroyed when the driveshaft spun into the cabin.





That's enough for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment