Sunday, August 23, 2015

fuel rail gifts

One evening last year I was invited to Haydn's birthday event and I decided to bring him something he needed. A fuel rail.





It was a nice day out.



I took some photos to remember how the fuel rail was mounted after all my measuring. Avid readers will recall, I bought this JGY rail a long time ago, used, and it came with mounts which didn't seem to sit perfectly. I was able to get it working and drove with those mounts for years, but part of my getting a new rail was to get new mounts. After I received the new rail, the new fuel system was not ready to go in, but I utilized the new mounts in the correct orientation on the correct holes for my injectors.









More beautiful backyard shots.




Reminder pictures of how the mounts install. It may not seem like it, but that L bracket is not symmetric.




As you can see (compare to pictures above on the plenum side) the bolt hole on the rail side is much closer to the end of the bracket. This would be my excuse, and hopefully motivation, to try and locate the new rail, in a box somewhere, and give it a run before the 24o gets rebuilt. The gift rail would come with the full size pressure gage on it, as well as barb fittings and a Nismo FPR, ready to rock. Happy Bday.


No comments:

Post a Comment