Monday, August 31, 2015

s14a oem

Until this point I had been driving the s14a with a Bride racing seat. It was reclinable, but not the most comfortable seat for daily activities, especially when other cars currently fit that bill. The racecar bill. 





4 bolts and the seat easily removes.





4 more and so does the passenger seat.






I also took the opportunity to locate the oem rear deck lid and remove the rear sway bar.




This was a bit of a pain to get to all the bolts, but not too bad. The cats were seemingly enjoying the nice weather.






Jake eating grass.





Roper in the dirt...




...And then helping with the car.




I installed the rear deck lid. I think it looks much better having all the interior pieces in place, as well as not showing off not matching chassis colors, and because this chassis specifically is a coupe with a rear support structure already, I don't know how many benefits from an additional strut tower bar there are, especially for street duties.



Roper made it inside first, but Jake was working his way back to the house as well. At least he had already thrown up the grass.



Once both cats were back inside, however, they took turns loving the new seat.





Yes. I'm talking about you.

Back outside, I cleaned and vacuumed the interior of the car while the seats were out. It makes a world of difference.






4 bolts and original driver seat was installed.




4 more, and the car had a matching, and much comfier, not to mention cleaner, interior. I would end up selling the seat and rail on eBay, and the rear bar locally. They're not going back in the car and I'm not a hoarder.


No comments:

Post a Comment