Saturday, August 29, 2015

s14a bonnet & boot

After getting the s13 to a stopping point, I spent a day getting the s14a sorted. Josh at NSP worked his magic on my carbon bonnet and boot, bringing them back to life. Unfortunately this would not last for long, but for the time being, they looked brilliant. 




He sanded, clear coated, and buffed both pieces.




The trunk was quicker to complete and was on the car in a flash.






<Just some engine shots, I really do not remember why I was up late with my flood lamps>








A few days later the hood was ready as well.









It looked amazing in the sun.



I took this opportunity to install my new sunshade. It is an expandable roman shade style blind that connects in the middle with velcro and attached on either side with 3m mounts. I liked it so much that I bought them for all my cars.

Nobody is perfect, and the day I leave my window cracked to cool down the car, it pours. The water would quickly dry, although it was a frustrating afternoon.


Thankfully however, someone decided to buy my old hood. He met me at a local chick-fil-a, but then did not have adequate safety straps, so we went to a local auto store and picked some up to make his ride home hopefully a little less adventurous.



Upon my return home, my luck had also returned. That's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment