Wednesday, June 12, 2013

swaybars, wipers, meets, drinks, works, freewheels

Bit of a hodgepodge today.

I sold the swaybar set that came in one of the many boxes inside the 24o z to someone in California if I remember correctly. She's coming back home! Have funs.





Not sure what I was doing here except maybe taking photo's during the wiring of the wiper motor?




Wipers installed, reference previous entry, enough said. Of course there wasnt rain the remainder of the week, but happily took it, and several run-in miles back and forth to work.


This trip was much better than the last, beginning parking next to a younger sibling. And no, I don't actually know who this is, it just happens this way, I promise.

Ward from work was working on his mustang project at a similar rate as I am mine. I love it.



Back to the 24o, decided to head to a small local z club meet for the first time.


Moved the 24o from one side of the 35o to the other. Changing it up.



Be smooth like something smooth in smoothville.



Made it to dinner, time for a drink.


Meet went well, I don't have pictures, or what actually would have been better, video, but I had an interesting time. When leaving I tried to go out of the same entrance I entered said pizza joint, but it wasn't to be. I took it at what I thought was a similar angle and speed, but something wasn't right, and I quickly realized this when two diagonal wheels bottomed out on their respective suspensions and wheelwells. I'm sure if i had dropped the clutch it would have continued forward in some form or fashion, spectacularly I imagine, but it gave me less argument reversing back into the parking lot from wence I came.

There was a minor churp when the tires let loose and the body bounced off them a few times on the way back up the ramp, but unstuck I was, and able to leave uneventfully from another egress.

Back at work the next day you can see how small the 24o is as compared to an adjacent truck. SC rox.



She's small even compared to small cars.




But it's ok, I'm still canceling out the prius pulling my redneck weight with the hole in the ozone continuously following.

This time we had a work get together, post work, and you'd never believe what happened.


Almost as rare as me having as many pints in as many days, I met a few new people this evening, one of which would pan out much further beyond the more common "hello."

We were sitting just off the deck with full view of the lot and decided to come outside when I saw two guys taking photo's of the z. They were great, and we talked for a few minutes, but as we were out there, someone else came over and simply asked if I wanted some wheels.

Yes. He just happened to be at the same bar on the same night and as outgoing as the rest, offered up the 4 wheels he happened to be lugging around in the bed of his truck for the past week and a half.



Really, no joke, great night. The tires are obviously shot, but these are 15" old school wheels that would hopefully work as spares for the z, but definitly for the wagon. The wagon has the exact same type of rims but a different color and in a 14" size if I recall correctly.

As it turns out, the wheels almost fit the z, but will need some material shaved off the brake calipers first, front and rear. Even so, well worth it, not to mention great guy. I hope we can catch up when I'm back in town, look me up! He would end up coming by my garage several more times and each time we would load lots of 28o z spares back into that same truck. Perfect just prior to moving country.

It was like a scene straight out of American Pickers. Except awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment