Thursday, June 13, 2013

leaks, august c&c, suspension, webs, starbuck

Dont't need to caption this picture.


But in the process, someone got excited..


Troubleshooting 1o2.

Before leaving the states again I had to find something else to fix, as if the throttle body episodes weren't enough, but this seemed like as good idea as any.


Distracted by awesome tires. It happens.


The crankcase breather and the pvc line weren't anywhere near moist enough, that and the puddle looked more like radiator fluid. If that much radiator fluid was coming from these, I'd have other problems.


There's a drop of green against the rear engine flange. That can't be good, but where could it be coming from?




Yet again I got distracted quickly, but not before I found the leak, which was coming from one of the radiator lines near the rear of the engine, just below the intake plenum. I simply tightened the band clamp and cleaned her up. I wish all problems were that simples.



This is a common sight inside my car and is mildly depressing, and as I'm catching up to real life at this point, see the previous entry regarding my new switch box and possibly another about interior wiring. Don't stress, these are the first of several on that topic, hint.



Another great drive in the 24o, another Friday at work.



This was followed by a cars & coffee saturday here in Greenville. I think I've already posted later c&c's, but whatever, I'm trying to catchup quickly while keeping said storyline mostly intact. Expect some jumping around.



Didn't take too many pictures, but check out their facebook page, the orgainzer is great and takes photo's of everyone who shows up each and every event. I'm looking forward to going in a few weeks when I'm back in country.









Back at the house I decided to remedy the situation that occured a few nights earlier in a pizza resturant parking lot with several other z's spectating. To be specific, it was partially in the side street when everything went wrong, see recent entry that ended on a high note with free wheels, but started low earlier in the week getting stuck.

No puns.




I received several rear top hats from Gabe at Techno Toy Tuning, great place, even better customer service. I decided it was time to switch to the thicker ones to give me as much clearance as I could get. And before you ask, the coilovers are already set as high as they can go. This would give me height above the spring which might prevent me future turmoil. At least until someone gives me a set of 15's and I slam it back down... oh waits.

Not this week.



The old rubber washer was eaten to shreads, so it was replaced with a new one during the swap. In order to get absolutely all the height I could, I actually loosed the top nut on the rear shocks, letting the suspension drop slightly, and adjusted the coils up a few more turns. Assuming the upper shock nuts are tightened to the same torque (note, not position) as before, the springs are allowed to sit that much higher, moving the height up the number of threads the suspension was allowed to drop.

When I say it's are maxed out high, it's maxed out high. There is no way in hell to get anymore adjustment on the sectioned strut housings. Anything else would simply require longer springs.



Woke up to a rather large spider web, and start to finish, yet another captionless photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment