Sunday, June 2, 2013

front valence

I've uploaded many pictures of my car sans front valence. When I bought my 24o shell it came with one similar to Yuta's... you know, that z. Under normal conditions I opt for stock body design, but I can dig this one so decided to fit it and see how she looked.






If you didn't remember, there you are. I can't tell you how much flack I got for not IMMEDIATELY installing a valence. Sorry Giffin, there were too many things on the list :)





This took place while I had the car in the garage wondering what to do about the fuel issues which I will get into much greater detail, so I had all the tools out including the -an wrenches (great purchase by the way) and my freshly opened plasti-clamps thanks to kk. 





More tank work see future post.



The valence was a very tight fit, but I was able to align one side and almost the other before the clip popped off. Solution, use more. It was difficult by myself, but I was able to confirm that it would indeed stretch across, but needed some work to make sure it was centered since it was so tight. There were no holes in the new bodywork so as usual some assembly was required. Once she was where I wanted her, I marked the oem holes from the inside of the fenders while clipped in place, drilled one side, and mounted. I then lined up the other side, marked, drilled, installed.






Not as low as that z, but that's because of the 17" semi-slicks. Image if there were 15"s on the car and the valence, and bumper, were 2" lower. Maybe one day...

What do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment