Tuesday, July 24, 2012

runners and brakes

Connecting running lights requires first locating the housings in the pile of part boxes that came with your purchase.


And then wiring.






Good luck.

I ran a power and ground from the battery and started testing/mapping all the wires on the rear loom. As it turned out, they were all connected to the oem harness that still ran from the trunk to the front passenger side of the car, hidden behind the headliner. Amazing.



Since the oem plug was already on the car side, I wanted to use it and create a clean install. I located the corresponding plugs on the dash side and cut them out, leaving room to wire in the power, sender, and ground. Later, I'll wrap it nicely, and my not-so-factory install will have an oem connection into it's oem loom.










And voi la, running and brake lights.



No comments:

Post a Comment