Sunday, July 15, 2012

baby steps

The 24o rolled out of the garage under it's own power a few months ago. I know, I know. I'm still that far behind on posts, but being out of town in a city that's currently over 1oo*F is encouraging me to catch up.


I cleaned the area under the deck from the atlas stones that weren't mine, swept the driveway for any debris, and put it into reverse.




Driverside coilovers were adjusted pretty well, but still rubbing in the rear.





Rear tires look mean. There's enough camber and wheel width that the outer inch of the rubber doesn't touch the pavement. It's a bit of an illusion though as the passenger wheel was hanging over the edge of the driveway as well, but still, it's a monster.



The passenger side, especially the rear, was also adjusted a bit too low and rubbed, significantly. I raised it up in the driveway, peeling back a few layers of rubber that came off on the rear fender like an union within 2o' of the garage.




The wiring was still rough, but more than drive-able. Even with a large empty box where the passenger seat could be one day.

I drove the car out of the barn for the last time, the morning after I moved all my things out, straight to the gas station 2oo yds away around the corner.

I jacked up the car, yet again, in the parking this time, to adjust the coils even higher. I peeled off more rubber, but everything seemed intact to make the ride to the new place.




After a 2o mile break-in ride, there were obvious things to work out, but I was excited nonetheless. The brakes seemed very squishy, in theory due to the booster not being sized for the master or calipers. I could hear the suspension tops moving whenever I hit a bump, more so on a specific corner(s). I didn't have an impact wrench to tighten the shock tower top to the camber plate without it rotating the entire shock body. There were no door windows and the hood was even tied down with a wire through the latch mounts.

But she ran, beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment