Wednesday, July 18, 2012

cores and ttt

Techno toy tuning recently made a call for strut casings. I still had the set from the 28o unsold, wanted the front adjustable bits they make, and had more than enough boxes to ship with.




I previously removed the stub axles with a small garage press, but I wanted to remove all the other odds and ends to reduce shipping weight.




I only removed the outer drum covers during the axle extraction, but this was just as straight forward, if not more-so the second time around. It was actually more complicated to fit all four strut casings into one printer box. FedEx then bitched about it on the counter because the top of the box wasn't flat. Remember, the front columns still had the spindles attached. I couldn't believe it, and proceeded to open the box and pull out all the car parts in the middle of the store on their nice carpet.

I think they expected me to buy one of their boxes for 2o$. Nope. After about 2o mins, and a significant amount of grease now in their showroom, all four were back in the box with packaging, sans protruding top.



If anyone wants these parts, let me know! I take donations, but just cover shipping and a drink. I'll be happy, and you'll have parts.







A week or so later two boxes arrived. Gabe helped out more since I shipped the cores from a bit further than normal, talk abut amazing customer service.





Apologies for the dark pictures. These were taken on the go in my new... kitchen. New adjustable tc rods and front lower control arms rounding out the 24o's suspension overhaul.








As usual, parts look great! Thanks Gabe & Gia @ techno toy tuning.

No comments:

Post a Comment