Wednesday, July 24, 2013

more tools

As promised, more or less, I went back and got more tools. Remember, half off.

The socket sets previously purchased came with normal Halfords advanced professional drive ratchets. I was looking online at their "extreme" ratchets which have 72 teeth (5* motion between clicks), a curvier shape, gripier handle, and of course as with the previous advanced ratchets, lock. These were about 3oGBP each, as they were not on sale. There was a kit however that included 1/4" and 3/8" drive extreme ratchets. The kit also included 62 other pieces from their advanced line of tools, and of course was packaged in the nice rugged matching case. Because this kit was half off, it was priced under 6oGBP, which means you were buying the two ratchets, and getting the rest for nothing.

I love corporations and their nonsensical nature.







It's a very complete socket set, and yes, I realize it's a mixed drive set, but again, it included the ratchets I was looking at anyways, and the rest was a bonus. Including additional extensions and t bar, uj's, every single metric socket up to 24 with no wasted space for AF sizes, additional deep set sockets, drive handle, and even a precision screw driver with bits. Perfect travel case.

Dinner consisted of a kabab with just lamb, sauce, and pita. Even the humus and pita side had a crazy ratio.




To keep the streak going, I ordered from a different place the following night, including garlic naan, and some more lamb, but this time in curry. It was much more dry than the previous night, and I recommend London City Kabab for your kabab delivery needs.


To continue with the tool show I picked up a set of stubby sockets ranging from 1o - 19. As usual, halfords advanced professional.





One of the reasons I got the above set was the below set. I'm sure these exist elsewhere, but I haven't seen them before. Great idea. Essentially it converts normal non-ratcheting spanners into locking drive ratchets. Of course they're 72 tooth, 5* motion adapters, and if used with a stubby set, create a very compact ratchet.








Finally, I needed some pliers.






Fully functional, packaged backwards. Go team.


Last purchase rounding out the set.



I was a bit angry when leaving the store when my arm was attacked by a bicycle advert stand selling yet more hand tools, but, it happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment