Sunday, June 24, 2012

go

Luckily TDC Auto did not attempt to connect the throttle cable, as they probably would have drilled firewall or modified the OEM cable linkage mount. One idea was to remove it entirely and weld on a new one.

I found a throttle cable that worked after some modification thanks to Mckinney. I wasn't happy about the cost for something that was supposed to work right out of the box, but it was an easy fix and looked like it was going to work well, utilizing the oem throttle cable positions. I located the stock bell crank in all of the boxes that came with the 24o. this of course was after I had already ordered one from z source. They were kind enough to take back the new one minus a 2o % restock fee as my order was placed over a month prior.



I dremeled off the rivet holding the upper ball in place on the bell crank and cleaned the entire piece. The upper bushing was still inside of the crank and the lower one was on the car, including the locking pin.



With the downpipe in place before the wraping session seen previously, I installed the Mckinney throttle cable, bolting the bracket to the oem firewall holes. I also ordered a lower linkage boot from z source, but haven't installed it yet. 




After cleaning the bell crank a bit more,  and greasing the car side mount, I installed and connected the lines.

It rotates just out of reach of the downpipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment