Saturday, June 13, 2015

crates

The need for special crates arose and as I work for a company that ships things often enough, I asked around and got the number for Dan The Box. Yes, that's how he was introduced to me.






I say special crates because they needed to be built to exacting dimensions, 1 cube metre inner dimensions if I recall, able to be lifted with fork truck, strong enough to stack, and made of a particular treated wood which come with an international shipping burned into every side.

Dan The Box took cash and kindly showed me how to assemble the boxes. Cheers, I had lamb.




Backing up a bit, and apparently without thinking it thought, the day I removed the bumper on the s14a I also decided to remove the FMIC because I did not feel it safe to it's wellbeing hanging out there for all to see. 


All would be well if I hadn't been lazy and brought the intercooler inside to live with the front valence, but I did not. I put it into the truck of the s13 which was in the lot. This came into play when I popped open the hatch at work the following day expecting to have room for crates. That would have been bad enough, but it was also filled with two pairs of jack stands, still in their boxes.



After moving the stands, fmic, and tools to the front seat with my work bag, I removed the hatch cover, laid it down, and miraculously managed to fit most of the crate panels into the boot.







I commandeered strong rope from the shop to tie it down, which would prove handy later as well.





I had to leave the bases at the shop for another day, and ended up having to rent a van in order to gather them.

No comments:

Post a Comment