Tuesday, October 4, 2011

nuts

Whats the point of getting extended studs without getting extended lug nuts? Not to mention the fact that I had to get new lug nuts because longer stronger studs with the correct knurl diameter were not offered in the same thread pitch as my oem studs. That being beside the point, I ordered some nice aluminum lug nuts from a random ebay-store on ebay. I went with the basic model because nrg models can get expensive. I mean come on, who needs titanium lug nuts.

This is where I would normally insert my rant about ebay turning into a place for companies to sell their new stuff and craigslist taking over the used market, but I'm tired of tirades. That and it quickly turns into a tangent about the evils of paypal and I really don't want to burn anyone's eye's out. Needless to say, I searched all over the internet for a decent set of lug nuts (not too flashy, but good quality) and these emerged. Matte black, open, key-less, and extended were features as close to needs as they could be, but m12x1.5 angled seat were requirements.



These lug nuts singlehandedly decided for me that I would not paint the car matte black, or any other matte color for that matter, ever. One touch and you see a finger print that is impossible to get rid of without adding 1o. Keeping a car in clean shape would be an ask of immense proportions.



There's not too much room between the lug nuts and the wheels so I was very careful installing them. I have yet to torque them down but once I receive my pretty non-marring socket, I'll let you know how well it works with respect to the wheel and the lug nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment