Sunday, March 18, 2012

coil threading

Here's a few more shots post suspension install of the droop, or lack there of.




Not that I wasn't before, but I'm in search of a better camera. Any ideas? I know you can see more in the flash pictures, but I think they look washed out, for lack of a better word.



If you have played with the suspension adjustment while it was off the car, make sure to adjust it to something you know won't bottom out the tire/body (or body/ground for that matter) before lowering her back onto the ground.





It does feel good to get her back on all 4 wheels.




And no, seats have yet to be installed, along with the downpipe that's still laying on top of the engine, not to mention many other countless things. It's always a good time, however, to take a few victory shots.






You may not believe it, but the entire engine needs to come back out in order to touch up a few things, and we'll get to that next, but for now, the 24o looks together and solid.

Time to put in some touch up time on the Honda. Before moving back to the southern states, I made an extended trip to Deals Gap during which my bike was strapped to a trailer in very close proximity to another. Mine apparently wanted to be closer and the interaction was a little rough.



I ordered the Repsol touch up paint kit years ago and it has been sitting in my bedroom ever since. They looked a bit dry, but they would have been even worse off if I had been partially proactive and opened them when first bought, so it's ok. Shake the small paint bottles a bit and they come right back to life. The Repsol paint job has enough colors to sink a ship, so make sure to tape off the adjacent colors so your lines are straight between them. Make sure to use painters tape so the good color doesn't peal off when you think you're done and go to remove the tape. 

I'm ready for spring to get here to go back to Deals Gap once again, and now I'm close enough not to need a trailer, although it is still a long ride on a hard seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment