Sunday, November 20, 2011

bin for sale

I've had a plastic tote of stuff sitting around for over a year, possibly two depending on who you ask and how full it was. Either way, I was tired of tripping over it so I decided to list it all on ebay, each item starting at o.o1$ with no reserve.





With a few hours to go it was looking pretty good. I boxed everything with old boxes which had also been sitting around for a significant amount of time. Things had many more watchers than I thought they would, and items that I never thought would sell for any amount of money sold for more than the items I thought would. With the number of bids, questions, and general activity, I had more fun watching these auctions than I ever had with auctions using reasonable start prices and buy-it-now reserves. I think the low starting prices and will-sell settings may have also nudged the final prices up a bit, at least for the smaller items.




The biggest jump came from the first radiator, from 7.5o$ to 127.5o$ in the last few minutes. All my old watches and sunglasses, used and unused, did fantastic, most making it into the 3o$ range each. The only thing that didn't sell was the old slim vaio dvd drive with a sony specific plug for, you guessed it, the old slim vaios that nobody have anymore. The second radiator sold offline to a great couple in Washington who are rebuilding a 1oooRR for 6o$ shipped. Time for Datsun auctions.

No comments:

Post a Comment