Thursday, April 28, 2011

bombproof

If I figure out why Picasa 3.8 just sht a brick I'll let everyone know, but for some reason it dropped all 2011 iPhoto events and refuses to add them back. When I say "all" I really mean only the ones it wanted to drop. It actually selected various pictures from various events in the new year and kept them even though I can not physically put any 2011 event to the Picasa file folder scan list. It actually shows that not only does 2011 not have all the photos it should in the file tree, but it's specifically not checking these 2011 folders and it won't let me add them back.

Not to worry, I can manually import from the missing events even though it results in 1 massive album on Picasa (no I'm not importing one by one). Yes, this means my computer is having an identity crisis and isn't talking to itself anymore which is disappointing, and also means that now I have 445 pictures taking up the space of 990 split between 2 locations somewhere in mac-never-never-space.

Normally I would only use iPhoto, but with Google taking over the world, they now control my blog and pic hosting, and it's convenient to use their pic program if only to upload. It smelled like gasoline at work today anyways - the world is ending soon so it's not a lasting problem (the pictures that is, I'm not really sure about the gasoline).

To try to catch up to current events before my amazing mac gets thrown across the room after 8 hours over 2 days of trying to pretend it's a PC and assume there's logic in it's file structure (or that it even has file structure), here are some pictures of Jake and I building a shelf, building a workbench, and drinking sake.







As you can see, after a few mid build re-designs, both of these structures could be approved for fallout shelters or earthquake safe zones and they're not going anywhere for a long time. At the very least they can be used as bunk beds for the kids for all that time that they spend in the garage sleeping on the storage shelving.

As a side note, unless you're using borrowed tools with donated wood, avoid the 3 foot extension to the deck drill. Use a magnetized (that's the important adjective) square bit which fits (again, an important verb) the 3" double threaded deck screws - which are awesome by the way to draw wood pieces together, just not over 1" thick pieces because then you'll get the opposite effect.

Thanks Wade for the scrap wood, Jake for the sanity checks, and KK for the lemonade - here's another over designed product by a mechanical engineer with some time on his hands.







No comments:

Post a Comment